The Birthday Game
CONDITIONAL PRIZE CONTEST
5/5/21 - 6/2/21 (Mondays – Fridays, except 5/31/21)
- 98.9 JAMZ will conduct the contest on weekdays during the above listed dates for a chance to win the following grand prize:
- $25,000.00 Cash for matching the exact Month, Day and Year
- 98.9 JAMZ reserves the right to end the contest at any time without additional notice.
- Contestants may participate a maximum of one (1) time during the entire length of the promotion. A maximum of one (1) winner per household will be allowed for this entire promotion. To enter, you must be a legal Alachua Country area resident of the State of Florida and be 18 years of age or older, at the time of entry. Employees, associates, and interns of Gillen Broadcasting Corporation, other related sponsors, and their immediate families may not participate and are not eligible to win. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
- Each weekday during the promotional period, 98.9 JAMZ will announce the winning month on air of a new contest birth date (3) times per day.
- At the time that the month of the predetermined winning birth date is announced, any listener who shares a birthday in the same month as the announced month may place a phone call to 98.9 JAMZ. Immediately following the announcement of the month of the predetermined winning birthday, 98.9 JAMZ will accept the 10th caller. If the 10th caller’s birthday matches the month of the announced month, that caller will become the official contestant for that individual game. If the 10th caller’s birthday does not match the month of the announced month, 98.9 JAMZ will take the next caller. The station will continue to take calls until a caller’s birthday matches the announced month of the predetermined winning birth date for that individual game. The first caller, beginning with the 10th call taken, whose birthday matches the month of the predetermined winning date announced for that individual game will be considered the one and only official contestant for that individual game.
- Once the official contestant has been selected, the contestant will provide their own name and own birthday to station. The contestant’s birth date will then be compared to the predetermined contest birth date. The official contestant will be awarded the Grand Prize if their birthday exactly matches the month, day and year of the predetermined winning birth date, subject to verification.
- Any winning contestant must be the participant who originally dialed the phone to the radio station to participate in the contest. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in the contest on another person’s behalf. The contestant must provide their own name and own birth date. If a contestant uses a false name or birth date, they will be immediately disqualified from the contest and be ineligible to win any prize, and such conduct may be considered insurance fraud and may result in legal ramifications.
- There will be a maximum of (1) winner(s) of the grand prize. This contest and the prize values may be ended or altered at the sole discretion of Gillen Broadcasting Corporation and 98.9 JAMZ following the award of the grand prize. An unlimited number of contestants may win the runner-up prizes. If no official contestant matches the exact birth date (month, day and year) of the predetermined winning birth date, at the appropriate time, no grand prize will be awarded.
- In the event of a grand prize winning contestant, the winning contestant will be required to submit sufficient identification in person including a valid driver’s license, social security card and birth certificate within two business day of a grand prize winning contest. The name and birth date on the identification must match exactly with the name and information provided during the contest, and the birth date which the contestant was required to match.
- Grand prize winning contestants are subject to verification of their identity by GPP prior to their grand prize being awarded. Grand prize winning contestants may be required to submit to a polygraph test. A polygraph test which reveals any fraudulent activity or any non-compliance with any of the rules and regulations outlined herein will result in a grand prize claim denial. Grand prize winning contestants may also be required to submit to a voice analysis to compare their voice to the grand prize winning contest call audio/video tape to verify an audio match. A voice analysis that does not produce an audio match will disqualify the contestant and result in a grand prize claim denial.
- Persons who have won another contest or promotion over $500 from 98.9 JAMZ within 30 calendar days before the contest date are ineligible to win.
- Difficulties with phone lines to enter the contest or getting to 98.9 JAMZ studios to claim prizes are not the responsibility of 98.9 JAMZ.
- As winner of the grand prize, you will be required to sign a Gillen Broadcasting Corporation and 98.9 JAMZ release form before your prize will be awarded. You will be responsible for all applicable title fees, registration fees, and taxes including state, local, and federal and therefore must present a valid Social Security Card before claiming your prize.
- As a grand prize winner, you acknowledge that GPP, 98.9 JAMZ and Gillen Broadcasting Corporation have the right to, without further authorization, publicize your name, character likeness, photograph, voice, and the fact that you are a grand prize winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter or win the contest. Void where prohibited.
- There will be no substitution for prizes. Participation in the contest and the prizes awarded are non-transferable. Failure to collect the prize constitutes forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of Gillen Broadcasting Corporation and 98.9 JAMZ. Another winner will not be selected.
- Gillen Broadcasting Corporation and 98.9 JAMZ reserves the right to make rule or contest changes without notice at any time. Gillen Broadcasting Corporation and 98.9 JAMZ also reserves the right to change the aforementioned contest dates without notice.
- The decision of Gillen Broadcasting Corporation management in the interpretation of these rules is final. By participating, persons agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and the official rules.
- If the winner is found in violation of the rules, he/she may be required to forfeit his/her prize.
- Gillen Broadcasting Corporation, 98.9 JAMZ, it’s representatives, agencies and employees, are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
- Gillen Broadcasting Corporation, 98.9 JAMZ, it’s representatives, agencies and employees, are not responsible for any changes or difficulties in travel or prize delivery.
- The chance to win the grand prize includes:
The 10th caller after the month of the predetermined winning birth date is announced will be taken for the Birthday Game contest. The first caller, beginning with the 10th caller, whose birthday month matches the announced month of the predetermined winning birth date, will become the official contestant for that individual game. If that official contestant’s birth date exactly matches the entire predetermined winning birth date (month, day, and year) for that particular contest attempt, that contestant wins the grand prize. Awarding the grand prize is solely dependent upon the approval of the insurance provider - GPP. The grand prize will not be awarded until GPP and 98.9 JAMZ has verified the identity of the contestant and approved the claim. The prize does not cover any other expenses, including but not limited to tax. Other restrictions may apply.